Skip to content
- Collaborate with the team to develop an innovative data products portfolio consistent with the target state architecture and operating model.
- Collaborate with the global colleagues to deliver new initiatives.
- Drive improvements to the engineering team processes through shaping of tools and standards.
- Evaluate and make decisions around dataset implementations designed and proposed by peer data engineers.
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of security-level analytics within the portfolio management and analytics systems, driving consistency and transparency.
- Devise innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient.
- Strong knowledge on AWS services such as (S3, RDS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, Cloud Formation, ECS Fargate).
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking.
- Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in engineering excellence and instils these values within the team and others.
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: Agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; demonstrated ability to employ fact-based decision-making to resolve complex problems, by applying experience and business knowledge.
- Possess a passion for technology and staying sharp in your craft by keeping on top of new technologies, tools and trends.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with Portfolio Managers, Quantitative researchers, Analysts and senior business people alike.
- Strong Python development experience.
- Experience of front office software development with Asset Management, hedge fund or investment bank.
- Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar providers.
- Good experience on AWS services such as Lambda, S3, EMR, Redshift.
- Java development experience will be a plus.
- Several years of experience with Relational Databases, SQL, and designing data models.
- Hands on experience working with cloud technologies for deploying and hosting web applications (AWS preferred).
- Several years of experience in Python, Django, SQL, RDB as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field.