- Collaborate with the team to develop an innovative data products portfolio consistent with the target state architecture and operating model.
- Collaborate with the global colleagues to deliver new initiatives.
- Drive improvements to the engineering team processes through shaping of tools and standards.
- Evaluate and make decisions around dataset implementations designed and proposed by peer data engineers.
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of security-level analytics within the portfolio management and analytics systems, driving consistency and transparency.
- Devise innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient.
- Strong knowledge on AWS services such as (S3, RDS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, Cloud Formation, ECS Fargate).
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking.
- Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in engineering excellence and instils these values within the team and others.
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: Agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; demonstrated ability to employ fact-based decision-making to resolve complex problems, by applying experience and business knowledge.
- Possess a passion for technology and staying sharp in your craft by keeping on top of new technologies, tools and trends.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with Portfolio Managers, Quantitative researchers, Analysts and senior business people alike.
- Strong Python development experience.
- Experience of front office software development with Asset Management, hedge fund or investment bank.
- Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar providers.
- Good experience on AWS services such as Lambda, S3, EMR, Redshift.
- Java development experience will be a plus.
- Several years of experience with Relational Databases, SQL, and designing data models.
- Hands on experience working with cloud technologies for deploying and hosting web applications (AWS preferred).
- Several years of experience in Python, Django, SQL, RDB as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.