- Work independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drive application development focused around delivering business valuable features.
- Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Guide the team to develop a structured application/interface code, design documentation, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment.
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness.
- Perform integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Significant unit testing is expected, and code should be designed for loose coupling.
- Expert level development skills in Java, including strong comfort with unit testing, deployment, object-oriented design, and enterprise scale development patterns.
- Strong fundamentals of CSS preprocessors – LESS , SASS or SCSS.
- Strong unit testing ability, test-oriented separation of concerns.
- Proficiency with the Spring framework.
- 4+ years of experience developing and maintaining software in a SaaS environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a Java Developer role.
- Experience building front-end applications using HTML5, CSS3, JS, Angular 4/5/6 (NOT AngularJS).
- Experienced with AWS or other Cloud Services (CloudFormation, Lambda, ECS, EC2, IAM, RDS etc).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a closely related field.